Do you believe that character still matters?
Do you want your child to find a calling instead of a career?
Do you still believe in heroes?
Do you believe that learning to do and learning to be are more important than textbooks alone?
Then perhaps the Acton Academy West Austin is for you and your family
EDUCATIONAL ASSUMPTIONS TO DISCUSS AS PARENTS:
- Failure is okay and operates as a great teacher.
- Rote memorization is worthless in the age of Google and Wikipedia.
- More homework makes better students.
- Order should trump curiosity in a classroom setting.
- Innovation [in education] is great, but we educate children just fine already.
- College no longer prepares students for future success.
- A lifelong calling can be discovered in youth.
- What is the true role of a teacher?